- Shirt—The official uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets and “Boy Scouts of America” lettered in gold above the right pocket.
- Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle and Cub Scout emblem.
- Neckerchief—Triangular neckerchief is orange with navy-blue trim for Tiger Scouts, gold with navy-blue trim for Wolf Scouts, and light blue with navy-blue trim for Bear Scouts. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs boys should wear. Packs should not make their own pack neckerchiefs for boys.
- Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with each rank’s logo. Boys may wear handmade neckerchief slides.
- Cap—Official navy-blue cap with orange front panel and tiger emblem for Tiger Scouts, yellow panel and wolf emblem for Wolf Scouts, blue panel and bear emblem for Bear Scouts.
- Trousers or shorts—Official blue.
- Socks—Official socks are available in three lengths: ankle, crew, and knee. Tiger Scout socks are navy blue with orange tops; Cub Scout socks are navy blue with gold (yellow) tops.
This uniform will be worn through the 3rd/4th grade, so size appropriately!
The Uniform Code
Your son should/will be encouraged to wear his uniform appropriately. The shirt should always be tucked in and orderly. He should understand the importance of representing the entire Boy Scout Organization while in uniform.
Time to Sew?
This Uniform Inspection Sheet will help you with patch placement. (Find in your Scout book)
Patches You’ll need to Buy
- Scout Emblem (above left pocket)
- Council Patch*
- Pack Numbers*
- Flag comes with the shirt
- Den Number
To get an idea of pricing, or to order items online, visit http://www.scoutshop.org This is the official online scout shop. They should have the same prices as our local scout shop.
Patches You don’t need to Buy
Any Rank Advancement Badge or Patch that your boy earns will be awarded (at no cost) during the Monthly Pack Meetings. You will need to sew them on, but they are provided.
Every year at Crossover, we award each boy his next rank’s neckerchief and slide. You will need to purchase the first ones, but we will provide the rest.
Where to Purchase Items
Before most pack meetings we normally make a trip to the Scout Shop. You might contact the Advancement Chair if you need a patch or two – we might be able to save you a trip and pick them up for you at our cost. You are also welcome to order any needed items online or however you like.
* The Pack may have Council Patches, Pack Numbers, and other standard patches in stock. Check with the Cubmaster, Committee Chair, or Advancement Chair for availability.